While you're busy making work the big event, is your website ready for Art Basel and Miami Art Week? When someone asks to see your work, will you be ready?
This 2 hour workshop is designed for visual artists in Miami who are in need of a website that is affordable, easy to manage, and professional. beefont studios will introduce the features and benefits of a Squarespace website, and walk you through setting up a free trial. Through this workshop, you can have a beautiful, customized website ready in time for December. Participants must bring a laptop for this hands-on workshop.
beefont studios is an Authorized Squarespace Trainer, one of only 5 in Florida. Not familiar with Squarespace? Squarespace is a template-driven website service that gives an artist everything necessary to host a portfolio and even sell work online, with a feature for that supports showing your portfolio on your cellphone, too! The templates are fully customizable, matching your branding and identity - making this a personalized, professional space to present your work to an online audience. Limited to just 5 people.
You’ll learn how to:
- Start a trial and work with templates
- Create and update basic pages with different layouts
- Upload photos and videos
- Connect your Social Media accounts
- Adjust fonts and colors
You’ll leave with:
- A new 1-3 page website
- The knowledge and confidence to update your website’s content so it grows with your business
- A discount on your first year of a Squarespace subscription. Plans start at $96/annually before discount which is not included in workshop fee.
- A take-home guide to ease you into managing your new website
- Sign up! Then we’ll send you a homework packet to help you generate the necessary content (words and photos) that will fill out your new website.
What to bring:
- A laptop and charger
- Your homework packet - Any pre-prepared logos, assets, images, logins and passwords
*Note: This is not an official Squarespace event.